Saturday, May 5, 2007

New gCensus server online!

I have a big update here, so I'm breaking it into several pieces. The first part - the new gCensus hardware is finally up and running! I got the replacement motherboard from Intel and, luckily enough, everything actually came up on the first try.

Thanks to the generous donation by Ken Schmidt of Steel in the Air, I now have a fourth 400GB hard drive in the gCensus server, for a total of 1.2TB RAID5 storage. That brings the current specs of the machine up to the following:

- Intel D955XBK motherboard
- Intel Pentium EE 955 CPU (dual-core 3.46GHz with Hyperthreading)
- Zalman CNPS9500 cooler
- 2GB RAM
- 4x400GB Seagate HDD (3xSATA, 1xPATA)
- PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 510ATX-SLI power supply
- Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM graphics

Everything except the PATA hard drive and the video card was a donation. I'd like to thank everyone who's helped me out with this equipment - I couldn't have done it without you!

No comments: